Friday, April 20, 2012

Picture Post

This is the cake I made for Ian's birthday party. I'm pretty proud of it! Obviously! I've shared it with so many people becauswe I'm so excited. It is the Octonauts, which is on Disney Jr. and Ian loves them and asked for an Octonaut cake for his birthday.  I delievered. It took quite a bit of time. I made the cakes on Friday, and put them together and carved them and crumb coated them with buttercream. I then made my modeling chocolate. (I did all this with Ian and Ella around, which I don't recommend and will never do again, it was chaos) Saturday, after kids were dropped at Grandma and Grandpa's in Jamestown (Have I mentioned how cool it is to have my parents 17 miles away!?) Starting at about 1:00 and going solid until 6:30, I put the cake together and then transported (well, Dustin transported) to my In-laws so Ian wouldn't see it.
So, in addition to the cake. We moved the party to the shop because of rain, which was the best and allowed for Ian and Ella to play on the new swingset, which was made for Ian's birthday. It was the best day! Good friends and family, good food, and great kids! What a wonderful time we had, but I'm still partial to the cake being the highlight!

No comments: