Monday, November 5, 2007

Hauling Corn

I have been hauling corn for the corn stove. We have a stove that burns corn and that is how we heat our house. One time a day, one of us has to go to the grain bin and carry back two 5 gallon buckets of corn. Now this has been effective, cheap heat for us, but the carrying corn stinks. Now, I sometimes can convince myself it is "bonus" exercise, but really, it's a pain. but in about 2 weeks, I will not have to haul corn once a day.
We have ordered a furnace. An ordinary furnace? No, never. A cornburning furnace. the good news, we'll only have to fill it once a month.
Today was so cold, it took my breath away. The wind goes right through you today. I am still searching for my winter coat. That was quite unfortunate today, I had a burial and it was freezing outside.
I have to say, being asked to do funerals and stuff is an incredible honor. How people share some of the most intimate feelings is a gift, I hope I never take it for granted.
I'm exhausted, I believe I will go to bed. Tomorrow I'm getting up and having lunch with dustin in town. He's staying over night at the ambulance tonight. I wonder if I will ever get use to it. He has coworkers that are away from their homes for 4-5 days at a time, I couldn't handle it. I just hate when he is gone.
I get my flu shot tomorrow, that will be good too. Stuff to get done. goodnight

No comments: