Friday, November 9, 2007

Pheasant Under Glass? Nope, Chicken in Aquarium or at least Chicken of the Sea

So, I've seen it all today. My wandering hens (the ones I can't get to stay in the coop, so they wander the yard), have been hiding their eggs. Usually, I hunt around their haunts and I can find them, but lately, I've come up short. Today, I was in the garage and heard and noise and there was a chicken, in a 70 gallon aquarium. Dustin was given an aquarium and until we get our attic refinished, there is no room in the house, so in the garage it sits.
The aquarium has all the stuff for the aquarium in it, so there's not a lot of room for a chicken. Great, there's a chicken stuck in the aquarium, so I thought, so I ran into the house with what I came out to the garage for and went back to the garage to see if I could fish a giant white hen out of the aquarium. As I approach the aquarium, she wiggles around and gets herself out. And don't you know it, there are 7 - 8 eggs under her. Apparently the aquarium is instead a giant, clear nesting box. So, chicken of the sea is better for me than pheasant under glass.
How does this stupid stuff happen to me?
Better get back to my sermon. (Yes, pathetically writing my sermon on a Friday night. Husband is gone for the weekend and unfortunately so are any friends I would hang out with.

No comments: