Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have not written in awhile and I'm still not going to...

I am going to share something.
The following was written on my friend Diane's blog in December 2007. I didn't know her then, but she sent it to me because she knew I would know how it felt. I present it to you now. I laughed so hard I cried. Why? BECAUSE IT IS SOOOOOO TRUE! I miss sleep!
Thank you Diane for making my day. This is wonderful.

I'll never forget our time together.

Dear Sleep,
I am sorry to tell you this, but it just isn't working. We have tried for over 3 years, really we have, but its just not working. Now don't be sad, it isn't you, its me. I have met someone else, well, really two people. These relationships are just too demanding and necessary for me to continue a relationship with you. Don't feel bad, you are beautiful, satisfying and so many people are blessed to know you. It just can't be with you and me. And believe me, I wish it could be. I will confess to you, that although I am in these other relationships, I daydream about getting in the car and driving to a hotel to meet you... close the blinds and just be with you for hours and hours. But, it just can't be. I will never forget those saturday mornings, just you and me. Or the lazy afternoons on the couch, under a blanket. And how could I ever forget on the floating island, at the lake under the sun. Sleep, you did things to my body I haven't felt in so long... we were so good for each other. But go, go and share your beauty with others, and maybe someday we will meet again. But until that day, I will catch glimpses of you around me, and remember all the good times and will be glad that I once knew you.

 

No comments: