Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week One!

So, I had my first Sunday of not being in a pulpit. It went well. I slept in and didn't even think about going to church, just to see how it felt. I think I would have felt a little sad if I had gone to church somewhere.
In the afternoon, I had to go to a gospel jamboree for a group Dustin plays piano for, so I had music in the afternoon and it was great.
The week has been a bit crazy.
I met my new OB. He is great. The only one within 50 miles. Otherwise it is family physicians that handle deliveries. I would have been fine with my old doctor, but her hospital is not handling labor and delivery after Jan 1. So, I had to regroup and find someone new. After I talked to everyone I knew and some I didn't know so well, I came up with trying Dr. Z (as he will be referred). I have never had a male doctor, at least since I was little. But he is great. I feel very comfortable with him and he makes it very easy to ask questions and get a hold of him 24 hours a day. I feel really good about my decision.
Another bonus! He has his own ultrasound, so I don't have to make an appointment for one. He just brings you in and does it. So....I will get tons of fun ultrasound pictures, not just one or maybe two that insurance hates to pay for.
So, now I have fun ultrasound pictures.
The baby is crazy active. Which he says is a good sign and all looks healthy.
Also, we have a new due date. April 17. That isn't firm yet. It will be at our next appointment.
Also accomplished in week one.
We bought a new semi and grain trailer for bean and corn harvest. It rocks. (I am hoping not to have to learn to drive it, but we'll see)
We still have no roof and I had to do some creative waterproofing when it rained yesterday. Hopefully today or tomorrow we'll get the flashing up.
And...today I have to can tomatoes. Yum. They are so good in the winter.
I will post a picture of the ultrasound (although right now it looks like a kidney bean). After I get my scanner working again. It is being dumb.
Here's week one.
I'm outta here.

No comments: