Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY! But not forever or anything!

It is a rather dreary day in North Dakota, at least our part of it. We have only seen the sun fleetingly since Sunday. Sunday at noon, it looked beautiful. By 3:30 rain and dreariness.
I've taken the rain delays in the field in stride. I've been coming into church. I took vacation to help seed and it rained most of the time (with one day of snow!)
I'm sure I'll still get plenty of time in the planter, but not for awhile. When we can go again...It will be go, go, go until we are done.
My may calendar looks rather bare, but I can't believe it is true. It must just be that I haven't written everything down for the month. Graduation isnt' even written in yet. We have three invites. We will go to our neice's for sure. So, that will wipe out another one, so we'll just have to get the gift together for that one.  I think we'll head to Litchville-Marion as well.
Reyna and Marty's wedding was beautiful. It was a fun weekend and fun to get away for a little time without Ian. I love my son, but sometimes it is nice to get to sleep in and act like my life is my own.
So, this week has been filled with trying to get caught up on the last two weeks of my life that I haven't been here.
The best part of the week has been lunch with the girls. TWO DAYS IN A ROW! I so could take on life as a lady who lunches. But by Wednesday I'll be back to spit-up, laundry, and a finicky eater. (My son, not my husband!) 
Dustin has been a very productive little bee today. He and my little cuz (he's also our hired man, as well as my little cousin!) worked on finishing up the wiring project in our house that needed completion. We got a new breaker box and some stuff had to be connected to it yet. They also fixed my stove, so I can cook again (Oh, the Joy of now not knowing what to make and not having an excuse for picking up chicken anymore!)
I think I will actually make a meal tonight. (Don't faint people, I do cook on a regular basis.) I usually enjoy it.
I have turned a corner with the finicky eating toddler. Raw fruits. Watermelon, grapes, cantaloup. I can't get him to eat veggies other than cucumbers and celery anymore, so fruit it is.  Watching Ian eat the celery is kinda entertaining. He only has 7 teeth!
I'm hoping that once he can eat raw veg out of the garden I will convert him over to vegetables.  He ate chicken last night and it wasn't the nugget kind! He ate real chicken! I'm so proud. Relieved. Maybe he will move onto other exciting meats. Like hamburger!  A girl can dream.
In baby news. This little one is kicking and jumping up a storm. She likes to tap dance on my bladder and I can't imagine how bad it gets as she gets bigger.
Well, that's all for now. Have a great day!

No comments: