Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Next?

I will be finished with my current interim position at the end of July. I'm not sure when there new pastor will be starting, but I think I would like 6 weeks at home before the baby comes.
They are voting on extending a call to someone on Sunday. I'm assuming that it will be a positive vote and I'm also assuming that the pastor will take the call when offered.
I'm excited for the church. To have someone permanent and to move on in a positive direction. I'm excited that they are voting on calling a woman. I've been told that I probably helped in their openness to those considerations. So, that feels good.
I do feel a bit in limbo. Excited for them. Sad for myself. Excited to hear them making plans. But out of the loop because I remember. Wait. I won't be here.

I'm not completely certain what is next. I interviewed for a half time ministry related position, but I didn't come out excited, so I will not pursue it further.

I know that I will be home until January. And I might choose to stay home longer than that. I'm needed at the farm. I'm needed with my family. But it also makes me nervous. I feel like a huge part of my identity is wrapped up in my career. Something I worked hard for and do well, (most of the time).

I'm trying to get comfortable with the idea of SAHMom/Farmer. I'm trying to see that contribution to the family as valuable. Right now, I'm able to put a value on my contribution. Paycheck, health insurance. Staying at home has a value that is not as tangible and I need to get my head around it. 

So, Next? I don't know. I just don't know...

No comments: