Monday, May 10, 2010

It's a Girl!

I was right. The ultrasound last Thursday confirmed my hunch. We are having a little girl.  I'm very excited that we will have one of each, but I also thought it would be really cool to have two boys close in age. So, really, I would have been thrilled with either.
Everything is looking good.
I've added the countdown ticker in an appropriate color now.
Pink

I have changed my background too, but that's not because we are having a girl. I've been feeling girly and love the brown and pink together, so it was perfect.

I'm amazed that we are over half way through this pregnancy. I've been a lot calmer because I know what pregnancy feels  like. It's been interesting what is similar this time and what is different. I'm much more calm about delivery and my birthplan and feel much more levelheaded about it.

I was so hyped up last time. The unknown. The baby coming early and my body not being ready. I thought I was prepared, but really was completely caught off guard and so I didn't go through with the plan I had in my head. I kinda went blindly. I know this time, I won't have that same reaction. I will be in more control of the process and comfortable asking for what I need to make the birth easier for myself.

I might be growing up! 'Bout time, since I'm having my second kid and all.

No comments: