Monday, July 19, 2010

Packing up!

I've entered my last two weeks at my interim call and 6 days left of being at the office or church. I started the process of packing up the office today.   It feels weird and good, all in the same breath. I didn't realize that as much stuff migrated here, but apparently, I now have more than just the crate I brought for the first day.
I've been cleaning out the desk. Leaving what was there, sorting out what is mine. Recycling office things that were probably only helpful to me at the time, now, things have moved forward.

I'm probably going to take a few things off the walls now too. That way I can see how many more boxes I'll need to get the stuff boxed up.
I'm not sure where this stuff is going to go when I bring it home. Not a clue. Some of the books will go in my shelves at home. The pictures, I'll find homes for them. Some stuff. I'm not sure.
I know it must be time. Every morning, I've been waking up and longing to stay with Ian and spend the morning with him and get back to the routine that we usually have when I'm home.
I look at the house and see all the things that it would be nice to have done and ready by the time the baby gets here.
I think of the meals that I want to get in the freezer, then we'll have a couple weeks of food that takes minimal preparation.
I see packing here, packing and unpacking at home...
A new chapter is beginning. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

It's always bitter sweet to enter the next great chapter in life...but oh how I envy your time to snuggle with Ian as he enjoys his last days as an only. And you won't even believe the overwhelming love you'll fee as you watch him develop that amazing, powerful, enormous relationship that happens with siblings. It's so freaking cool.