Friday, November 6, 2009

A long week and a long weekend coming

I guess I'm not completely telling the truth about the long week. It felt like yesterday was the long week. We were blessed with Farm Rescue this week and their arrival to help take our crop of soybeans off. We have the "honor" of being the 100th farm family they have helped in their 4 short years. They are a wonderful non-profit and we are blessed that they accepted our application. We did not know how harvest would go this year. Dustin's accident made a lot of things uncertain.
Anyway, being the 100th family, also made us a news story. We were interviewed by several types of media for several articles. It was difficult to tell the story over and over again, it made me emotionally very raw. I had really put out of my mind that Dustin could have died this summer. Now, it has been in the front of my mind. I wonder if that is why I have had the headache all day?
It was also emotional to share what it meant for us to be helped by Farm Rescue. It's a job we wanted to be able to do for ourselves and we didn't know how we would, we couldn't afford custom harvesters, even if we could find them.
So, while yesterday was good, it was also exhausting.
I wonder if Dustin is being honest with me? I keep thinking he is aching more than he is letting me see, but I can only believe what he tells me.
We will have a harvesting weekend. Farm Rescue is here until Monday, one combine had to leave today, so we are now with one Farm Rescue combine and our 9600 combine. We may try to get the 7720 going as well. Especially if we are not done on Monday.
The elevator filled with wet beans today, so now they will only take the dry ones. We found out that at the 15 moisture they are at, we can store them in a bin for two weeks, so we have some bin space from a neighbor we will use tomorrow. I am annoyed with the elevator manager. We found out today that apparently the reason they are full at the elevator is because he didn't order a train for this week to get them out. Um. We finally get the weather we need and you decide not to get a way to move them? Are you nuts! I wish the board or someone would call him on this, but they won't.
I preach this Sunday and also have conference assembly to attend. It's at my church, so score, I don't have to go anywhere, other than someplace to get lunch between worship and the meeting. It's going to be a bit tense, I fear. There will be a lot of discussion about churchwide. The voting members will be there to discuss the process. yada yada yada. I keep thinking. there are people homeless, hungry, sick, lonely. There is plenty of ministry out there to do, Plenty of do as Jesus would do life to live. Why are we worried about people who are gay. Is sexual orientation really what we are going to worry about instead of all the other things I mentioned? Hmmm. We'll see how it goes.
Well, I have a long day tomorrow. So, good night.

No comments: