Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Wheel Fell off the Combine!

The title should get your attention. And it's true!
It's been a crazy week in Lien Land. I came to work on Monday. The day was going great, until 3:30, Dustin called. Some drive broke on the combine. Basically, the left, front wheel fell off. (Sounds expensive, doesn't it?) It is.
I did my last stuff of the day and rushed home. Before I arrived at home, Dustin has rescheduled Ian's appointment for Wednesday (that's another story) and Dustin and I were heading for Watertown, SD that night. We would be at Worthington Salvage for a rebuilt thingy by the next morning, they were holding it for us.
So, off to Watertown we go. We get there by about 10:30 or a bit later. We sleep at Dustin's aunt and uncle's house in Watertown. We get up the next morning, have coffee and a visit with his aunt and uncle, get to the dealership, buy the expensive part, (expensive and excess of 300 lbs of iron) and come home.

I'm actually relieved to be at work today, it's a lot less crazy than the farm. The combine is fixed, we are going again. My dad went home today, Dustin is teaching an EMT class tonight, I've got council at church. Nels and Harriet and Ian are going to our church for annual meeting tonight.  Life is nuts.

Tomorrow I will take Ian to his PT appointment to have him measured for his helmet. Yes, we are still trying to get that done. Between illness at the place he is having it done and harvest, this was the soonest it could happen. According to the PT, she will have to do an evaluation too, maybe the helmet option is too late. (really? so you should have called me back a month ago, when I first started trying to make this stupid appointment?!)

We'll get there, but the end of 2009 really can't come quickly enough. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

you need to file this away...that title would make a perfect first page in the scrapbook of this year...about 15 years from now when you finally have time to make it!