Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving and lots to be thankful for

This Thanksgiving seems sweeter than normal this year. It's been hard to be thankful sometimes, but really, that's because we have much to be thanful for in the midst of it. Maybe you need the bitter in order to taste the sweet. Life seems to be full of so much flavor this year.
Ian's birth, we have to be thankful. It was 15+ hours, but look at what we got! Our little boy is such a bright light.
Dustin's accident. We'd never go through it again, we'd take it back if we could. But we have learned to be so thankful for every day we are blessed to be with our family and friends. We hope we never forget to smell the roses and remember what is important. We met the wonderful people at Farm Rescue. I can not thank God enough for them and their help. Thank you feels hollow. I hope that as we continue in our lives we are able to help this organization pass on the gift they gave us. WOW
My new job. I love the church I am serving at right now. I have wonderful collegues in ministry. I am getting to know these warm, wonderful people. I hope in the midst of some of the pain they have been through that I am able to use my gifts to help them in their journey and help in the healing process. They are doing so well right now, I hope I can help them continue in that direction.
I didn't realize how much I would enjoy coming back to work. I think that I realize that this call doesn't easily let go of you. I am also thankful that I was able to spend the first 6 months home with Ian. It has made me a better mother, to be there and to learn that I should go back to work. I went back to work for Ian as well as myself.
I'm so thankful for our family and friends. I know everyone says this, but this year they have gone above and beyond the call of duty as we have struggled through. I don't know how we would have made it through this year without them. In the midst of all their help and friendship, I think we also took them for granted because we were so fixed on ourselves and our survival. I vow to make up for that and the the friend and family member that I need to be. Letting them know how valuable they are to me.

With that, I should wrap up before getting ready for worship.
I ask anyone reading this to pray for my friend Linda's dad. He has a staph infection and a long road ahead of him.
I congratulate Carol and her family and am thankful that they will be getting a house of thier own. Blessings.

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Remember to hug someone you love and let them know what they mean to you.

No comments: