Wednesday, December 30, 2009

God Bless My Neti Pot

You may find my title odd, but truthfully, this is the best thing that ever happened to this girl and her sinuses. I'm through with my antibiotics for the sinus infection, but I still am struggling with congestion and so I have upped my use of the neti.
During the round of sinus infections at our house, Dustin and I and Ian with his ear infection. Dustin's doc recommended 4 times a day with the neti pot and 2 times a day when you are healthy.
I was doing two. Morning and night, but I do believe that I will up the number to at least three until this is all cleared up. I just want to breath again.

We pulled of Christmas, including a blizzard! We were safe and snug in our house, my mom and dad stranded in with us. No one could make it Christmas day, so the four of us feasted and froze a huge portion of an 18 lb turkey.
I brined it and roasted it in wine, apples and vegetables and it turned out perfect! It must of. My mom said it would be nice if it was a bit dryer. Huh?
Dustin pointed out that my mom doesn't like to be out done, so if this is all she had to come up with, well, enjoy the triumph. I think I will.

Ian had fun playing in the paper. He actually enjoyed his new wagon. If he got fussy all weekend, we'd put him in the wagon and roll him to wherever we were at and he'd play in there for like an hour. It was fabulous.
And, even with all this comfort and joy. It is the neti pot that has brought me the greatest relief.

I'm drinking lots of water. I cut down on the tea today. I have been drinking a lot of that too. Today, I skipped it. The water tastes so good. I may go get a skinny french vanilla steamer at the coffee shop across the street in a little bit.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. May you all be illness free, but if you aren't...get yourself a netipot. It has made the difference.

No comments: