Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life is changing...A lot!

It has been hard to write because life has gone so crazy and I have made so many decisions about life. A lot of things I wasn't comfortable writing about until they were made public. I didn't want anyone to stumble across a post and find out before I had announced my plans...So here it is...
I have resigned from my parish. I had struggled with this decision for quite a long time. I had decided about three months ago, but had to come to terms with the decision. What it meant, was it what I wanted.
I didn't tell anyone, not even Dustin, for about a month. One night, I came home from church, started crying and said to Dustin, "I want to quit."
I have loved being a pastor and I think I may return to ministry eventually, but right now, I just want to be on the farm. I have been spreading myself very thin for a very long time and I finally had to make a decision that would make me happy. I want to farm.
I am hoping that I will still do some pulpit supply, I still enjoy preaching a great deal, but the daily parish life has been difficult for me. I have lost my passion.
I will be going on leave from call. I will be done September 28. I am relieved.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Honey, I'm proud of you for recognizing what You need and actually taking action on that need. So many people don't do this. They don't take time for themselves or find their passion because they just don't see beyond the box they are in. Life is too freakin' short to not be happy - despite what many say, I don't really believe God wants us to suffer that much (and I was an OT major!). I'm really proud of you for stepping up for yourself and taking action. You are amazing. Blessings on your new journey. (Are you going to change the title of your blog?) :)