Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dustin is still gone.

Dustin had to leave last Thursday for TX. His strike team was activated for emergency response to the hurricane. They evacuated hospitals before Gustav and now are waiting in TX for further instructions. The will most likely be sent to Louisiana tomorrow, he said. FEMA wants to keep them down south until Hanna and Ike arrive or until they know what is going on with the hurricane and tropical storm.
I miss him like crazy. It has been hard to face my last month without his support. My mom and dad came to visit so they could be in church with me on the Sunday after my resignation announcement. It has been hard.
Dustin won't be gone very long in the grand scheme of things. I can't imagine if he was part of the National Guard and would be deployed. This is definitely hard enough.
We're lucky that we are in between crops right now, but there's still in between stuff to do. I have to order a new sickle for the flex head and check on some sunflower contracts. It's a little crazy to do all this on top of trying to get things together to leave my job, but I guess life isn't always calm. It might get there some day.
I doubt it.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

He'll be home soon, I'm sure, but until then you both are in my prayers.