Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Last Sermon! for now.

I am trying to write my last sermon as pastor of my churches. I am struggling and haven't gotten far at all. I decided to choose my own lessons, I just didn't want to use the lectionary and try to make it "fit." I picked my scripture to hopefully provide encouragment as part of my sermon.
It's hard to believe that Sunday is my last day. I have packed up my office, just need to have Dustin come over an load it up. There are three boxes left to pack, but that will take a matter of minutes.
Yesterday was my last confirmation class and I am going to miss those kids a lot, but I'll see them at there games and the like.
It's weird because I'm not moving, so I'll still be around a lot of the school activities. We'll get use to it.
I'm so exited for next Monday. The first day of my farm days. I can't wait. So, I guess there is always joy and sorrow, gain and loss, doors open and others close. That is the nature of life. I have made my choice and I'm happy with it, but it meant leaving some good things behind as well as some bad.
I can't wait to see where I'll be in a year from now. I wonder

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

A year from now you'll be elated to be a new mom and getting ready for another harvest. You're awesome. I'll be thinking about you this weekend.

~moe~ said...

How did it go? I was thinking about you today.