Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dustin Delayed!

Dustin will not be home until tomorrow. Oh well. They had another break down and didn't get to leave TX as soon as they planned.
I was at Red Willow Bible Camp this weekend. We had our quilt auction this weekend. I spent just short of $400. I got some great stuff. Three quilts and a bench (long story on the bench). When Dustin gets home with my camera I'll have to take pictures and post the fun stuff.
The quilt I wanted went way past my price range. $600. And another one I wanted was great, but went for about $750-900. In the end, I decided to buy more stuff for less money, but I got a lot of great stuff. It's a good cause.
I finished my sermon tonight and should probably give it a look in the morning, just in case. Knowing that these are the last days at my church is a little surreal.
Rumor has it that the strike team will get back, get their stuff washed and then get sent to the coast with another activation. Dustin is hoping to figure out how to talk to his boss and get him to let him change out. I have my last weeks at church and a doctor's appointment that he wants to be here for. He just wants to be home and we think we should be together for these big life changes. We'll see what happens. Wish us luck and pray for the hurricanes to slow down.
Good night all

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I need to get my eyes checked. I initially read this line: "We had our quilt auction this weekend." as "We had our guilt auction this weekend." And I thought, what a great idea: Auction off other people's guilt! That's fabulous!

Sheesh...

Crossing my fingers that Dustin can stay home.