Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stop! I'm not ready for this.

I have to admit. Since starting interim, I have enjoyed having a collegue. Even when things are crazy, you have someone to share the burden with, someone to bounce I ideas off, someone to divide and conqueor the duties with and not lose your mind.
Example." If you are doing the funeral on Thursday morning, I'll prepare confirmation class for Wednesday." 
It works. We can't be everywhere at once, so we divide the duties as needed. Until your collegue goes on vacation. Then you are the only one to handle the barrage. I was use to this when I was a solo pastor. You make your priorities. You take things as they come. When everything starts happening at once. You get through things the best you can and you do it.
But truthfully. I'm out of solo pastor experience. I have a prayer service tomorrow. A funeral on Friday. And i'm pretty sure that I will be getting ready for another funeral over the weekend.
Now, I'm completely competent. I can handle this. It is part of the call. It's part of my job. I will be fine...But truthfully...I'm really, really missing my collegue right now. Divide and conqueor would be a really nice thing right now. But...it's not an option. So, I'll do what needs to be done...Then...hopefully...sleep.

No comments: