Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The cake...

Tomorrow is my FIL's birthday. I am making a cake...A tractor cake. This is my second one. I made a John Deere for Ian's first birthday. For my FIL, a Farmall.
The from scratch devil's food cake is in the oven. I used my tractor pan. (Yes, I have a pan that is in the shape and with the characteristics of a tractor) Most of the cake is done...The middle is not.
I have become interested in cake decorating in recent years. I have yet to take a class, I almost did, but had to back out, but hopefully I'll get a chance again. My SIL use to make wedding cakes, she actually made ours, so if I asked for any help, she'd be happy to offer advice. So far, I have enjoyed trying it on my own.
Now, here I sit. Almost midnight and the stupid cake, that should have been done 45 minutes ago is suffering from a jiggly middle. I send Dustin to bed about an hour ago. He taught class tonight and got home by about 10:00. He fell asleep in the chair, so I woke him up and sent him to bed. He must be tired because he didn't argue.
So, hopefully tomorrow, I will show you pictures of the cake. I may also include my recent escapades into bread and red velvet cupcakes as well. The turned out cute and the bread was fabulous.
So, until tomorrow...I bid you goodnight. Now I must go jiggle my cake.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Did the cake make it? LOVE that you're making it homemade! And cute idea about the tractor!