Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cakes!

I've been going to post the cake business, but the photos were not uploading correctly and when they did, they took forever. So, I finally have them up, so I'll give a little story.
The abolve photo is my first attempt at red velvet cupcakes. Here are the little darlings in the oven. You may think to yourself...They don't look very red. You would be right because I didn't realize that I was low on red food coloring. I have decided as pretty as red velvet is, it's ridiculous. It takes so much red food coloring that I should have had stock in red food coloring before I tried it. I believ I prefer my homemade devil's food...if you didn't know, Devil's food is brown.
But I was committed to attempting this current trend in the cake world. So here is instead my reddish tinted velvet. Who needs all the food coloring anyway?

Fresh out of the oven. I used mini muffin tins and I will definitely do it again. They are just two little scrumption bites and are perfect to give one to a child. They were fun to decorate for valentines day and looked like candies in the box when decorated. So much fun.

Here are the cute little decorated cakes. Sooo much fun! Cream cheese frosting, just in case you are curious. I piped it on with a piping bag and tip and then sprinked with various sugar things.

The Farm-All Cake
Happy Birthday to my Father-in-Law

Here is the cake and put together for my FIL's birthday. It was homemade devil's food and cream cheese frosting. I had to decorate it during Ian's nap time, so it is not as detailed and neat at Ian's birthday cake was. But I am happy with how it turned out. I did this based on a picture of a farm-all.

So, here are the cooking adventures as of late. I am currently planning for Ian's choo-choo train birthday cake in a few weeks. Pictures will be forthcoming, in April after his birthday.

I am still making bread. Have made it three times now and we have only had to buy bread once since I started. I gave a loaf away for a gift and so, we were short until I could make again.


No comments: