Monday, March 21, 2011

Meal Planning...Part 2...Try again and trying to figure everything else out!

We did have the barbecues, a day after I planned them, but we had them.
I got a little off track. Dustin is starting to teach an EMT class and it's not on my radar yet. Yesterday, I had decided to make stroganoff for supper, but forgot until later last night that he teaches tonight. I need to get Monday's and Thursday's in my head. Wednesday is Lenten soup supper at church, so that night is covered. We'll have the straganoff tomorrow night when he's home. So, now I need to figure out tonight for Ian and myself, Thursday night for Ian and myself and then I need to come up with Friday as well. I didn't realize it could get this complicated.
What really makes me nervous is how the Monday and Thursday class is going to go when we start seeding. We are more organized this year than ever before, but still, it's a bit nerve racking. There's equipment that Dustin is starting to get ready, then it will be the planning. Some reports say early spring, most say late and it's hard to know what that will do to the planting schedule.
The weather is saying there will be snow and rain tonight. Thank you spring in NoDak.
And to top it all off. We want my parents to visit and they haven't been here in about 3 months, which totally sucks. I want my MOMMY!
Dustin and I went down to the basement. He brought 2 bags and 3 boxes to Goodwill. I will have another two-three boxes packed by the end of the day if I can find the time between laundry loads and a teething baby. We are trying to go through things and weed out before we move in June. We want to bring what we love and use. We want to get away from keeping the things we feel we have to keep, or unimportant sentimentality.  It's going fairly well, but some things are hard to decide on.
My books, quite a few in storage. They aren't being used there, but some of them I want, some of them I haven't gotten to read yet. I was a professional student, how does one walk away from the books?
I have some regular fiction that I have read and probably won't read again, those I will give to the AAUW book sale. But the rest of it? I'm not sure how to weed it out yet.
But, 4 boxes to Goodwill is a good start. So, maybe instead of getting down on the things I have trouble parting with, I should celebrate what I have let go of.
It's a whole different menu to plan. What to keep? What to go? What do you love? What do you use?
We may have a rummage sale this summer too, but the time to organize it, well, that could get tricky. Ready, Steady, Go.

No comments: