Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Catching up. Work and Family

    I am in my second week of work at the church now. So far, I am really enjoying myself. I am accomplishing some things I was never capable of in my last call. I have been leaving work at work and going home to my family and completely enjoying them.
   Now, my lack of ability in my first call was brought on by myself. I started as a single pastor. My entire life and social life really revolved around church and community and the two are very closely linked. Consequently, when I did get a life, fell in love, got married, started a family. I was unable to set the new boundaries needed. I was never able to leave something where it was. I worried and cried a lot.
   I served wonderful people, I loved them and still do. I also know that leaving gave me a chance to get mentally healthy again. I was able to devote time to my family that I hadn't been able to devote up until that point. I made the choice to care for myself and my family, and even my own faith was rejuvenated in the process. I meditated in a combine until December, I enjoyed pregnancy, I was able to help remodel our house (while pregnant, I rock!)
   As time continued, I realized that my calling to ministry was not over, but I didn't know where I would be called next or what my options were. After some coincidental phone calls, it seemed the spirit was putting things into place. I ended up here. I will be here 6-12 months. I am thankful. The people are wonderful. I'm getting the chance to explore some ministry opportunities that weren't possible in a rural two-point. I'm going to learn a lot here.
   One thing on a personal note I am learning...boundaries. I am learning how to leave work at work and spend the moment with my family.
    I am in a good place.

No comments: