Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My First Day!

So, I was supposed to have my first day last week, but a lacerated cornea prevented that from happening. I think this means that Dustin shouldn't let me throw straw bales anymore, he disagrees. He is sure that I am the only person who could hurt themselves in this way doing that particular chore, so more straw bale throwing for me. But that is a story for another day.
I am getting ready to leave the church, but wanted to write now  because I wouldn't get time when I get home. I have had a whole day away from my baby and the computer is going to be the last thing on my mind.
I've had a tour, gotten my keys, gone to staff meeting, met with my colleague, picked hymns for Sunday, and rearranged my office. I would say it has been productive.
I am going to like it here.
I have made a list of additional things I need to bring. I'm not sure how much I will bring yet, but I definitely need to warm things up in the office. The office is huge, which is fun to have room to play with. I even was able to put my desk at an angle and it looks wonderful.
I am preaching my first sermon this Sunday. Well, first one here, you know what I mean. I'm very excited. It's been a month or two since I preached. I have to come up with my title by tomorrow morning. That's a bit crazy for me, but it'll happen. Having a secretary in the office with her own deadlines will keep me accountable, that's a great thing.
Well, I want to go home and see my family.
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me. It worked!

No comments: