Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Remodel.

We are in the midst of another remodel project. New windows in the living room and new exterior doors. The doors are done and three of the 5 new windows were in yesterday. We also took out a small wall, it makes our livingroom slightly bigger, at least better for furniture arrangement.
Today, I understand that the other two windows went in and now there will be new insulation, drywall and trimwork to do. I'm very excited. Our house has come together so much in the last year.
I think I feel like my life is in a remodel stage too. Just cleaning out the old, looking toward the new. I like remodel because I'm keeping me. I'm just making changes.
I think so often we think of a "makeover" as saying that we were no good and have to start from the beginning. But, I don't feel that way about myself. So, I'll do a remodel. I'm not talking a physical thing, although there are some goals I have there as well.
I'm talking about the things I hold onto-possessions, feelings, habbits.
   It seems like it is time to go through it all. Declutter my soul, my mind, my possessions.
I think it's time for rebirth and it seems to be starting here and now.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

Constant change. You're a stronger woman than I to roll with it all so well.

Does a remodel still come with a reveal because I'd love to see pics of the new home projects. :)