Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Return!

It's 2011 and with it...My (hopefully faithful) return to blogging.
This blog has obviously taken a bit of a new turn. I'm no longer working as a pastor. I have taken on the new role as SAHM.   Actually, I'm a SAHFW (Stay at home Farm Wife), which brings a whole new dynamic to my life.
So, while the blog address will stay the same, I think we may change the title.  I'm a Farm Wife! (You can't scare me)

It's different being at home. During the summer, I love it! During the winter...Not so much. I get a bit stircrazy. I know a lot of SAHMs do. Some would say, go to a playgroup or make a playdate. I think that is wonderful advice, for most. It's a little harder for me. I live approx. 20 miles out of town. Our winter roads have been terrible this year. And on days like today, when it's -15, I feel it's a bit irrisponsible to take the kiddo's out.  So, we are home a lot.
So, to my other mom friends out there who are happy to take my calls. God bless you! I'd never make it without you.

Being home this time is so different than the first attempt. It's soooo much better. And I've been thinking and reflecting on it quite a bit lately.

So, welcome back to me. And welcome back to everyone else.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I totally understand the isolation in rural ND...the weather is isolating, there are few other moms your own age, there isn't a lot going on. And I think getting out of the house is so essential. I know after living there that there is not an easy solution to this problem but I do know that Facebook and email were lifesavers to me. Feel free to message or call anytime! I've been there and am happy to support ya!

And I like the shorter title for the blog too, btw. More approachable and striking.