Saturday, January 22, 2011

Still Cold, But A Sunnier Day, In Metaphor and Reality

I don't know how, but you can have what feels like the exact same day, but it is soooo much better. I have mostly played with Ian and Ella today, which has been fun.
I am going to have to think about supper eventually, but I'm not digging it.
It's still freezing out, (-9) but the sun is shining and my heart is too. Ella has been eating cereal for about 3 weeks and she isn't getting the hang of it, she's getting there, but it feels like she's gone backwards. She'll get there.  She's the cutest and happiest baby. Ian was too, how did I get so lucky...It's pure blessing and pure bliss.
Today, I don't feel the isolation. I feel like I'm in my crazy element. A baby trying to learn how to eat, a toddler who goes on hunger strike every other day. When something is wrong, it amazes me that only I will do. They want Mommy, that's it. The may accept others for periods of time. Grandma gets her fair share. He may run to Daddy with reckless abandone when he gets home...But if something goes wrong. He wants Mommy.
I never knew I could love this little people as much as I do. And I realize something. I still need my mommy too, from time to time. My husband still needs his. I realize that no matter how old they get, they will be my little ones. And hopefully they will never get to big to not need this mommy.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It IS such a good feeling when they need you! It's like, you don't like that they are having a problem but you're excited to have made enough of an impact on their world that they need you and more importantly that they WANT you.