Thursday, November 20, 2008

Auctions sale! A day with my dad! Lunch at Crackerbarrel and a Dilly Bar at DQ. Priceless!

The last week has been difficult, but today ended up being a good day anyway.
By Saturday night, Dustin will have spent 120 hours at the ambulance working. Most of them on call or primary duty. That has meant that I have been not only missing him like crazy, but also working really hard to help keep harvest going and our life as we know it happening.
Can I just say, this is hard enough when I am normal, when I am incubating a baby. This is nearly impossible. I am tired anyway, but I am close to exhausted.
Have no fear my friends, I am quite good, sleeping wonderfully well and find that I am sometimes capable of far more than I knew. The fact that I am doing all this stuff while pregnant, I have decided makes me superwoman. (Please let me have my delusions of grandeur...Thank you)

My dad came down last night to go with me to an auction sale today. With Dustin at work, someone needed to go to an auction about 140 miles from here and look and bid on a no-till air seeder. I was elected (I was also the only one available or capable, so more likely I lost)

My dad went with me to look at the air seeder and make sure it was good. (how would I know) I actually did know, but he also came with for moral support. You see, up until now, the most I have ever bid on at an auction sale is a table and chairs and I paid $120. Today, since I was going to be spending over $80,000, I needed a bit of moral support. Dustin also needed some moral support about sending me to spend the money.

I didn't get the air seeder. It went way too high. Well, probably not, but more than we were willing to spend at this time. It was in great condition. I did get to bid a few times. Still, way to rich for our blood. I hate trying to bid on machinery, I hate the responsibility of spending that much money. I will stick to antiques, collectibles, and used kitchen gadgets. I really am not meant to spend large amounts of money at sales like these.

May I also mention. Pregnancy brings on the need to pee all the time, as many of you know. Having to go pee all the time in a port-o-potty when it is 5 degrees out, is sheer torture.

After I didn't get my air seeder. Dad and I drove back to Bismarck before going home and ate some lunch at Crackerbarrel.
We Then came back to Jamestown, stopped at DQ and bought Dilly Bars for the ambulance crew and hung out for a while.

We're now at my house and he's occupying himself with vacuuming my kitchen and living room. This use to bother me, but I am now too use to it to care. We listened to progressive talk radio all the way there and back. Talked about how the Bush administration has screwed up our country beyond all measure. We talked about how we hoped Barack Obama would be able to change things, even though it seems like emptying the ocean with a teaspoon. But we are still hopeful. It was a great day.

I got a great day with my dad. It was priceless, even if the air seeder wasn't.

Now, I'm going to go play with my dog.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

let you dad know that we've got plenty of floors over here, too, and I promise I wouldn't mind a bit :)