Monday, November 3, 2008

Sometimes I don't know if the extra hour is good.

Yesterday was a bit up and down for me.
Morning--Great. Our pastor is back in the pulpit, he had a heart attack about two months ago and has been recuperating. He looks great and his sermon was wonderful. I knew him while I was in college, though not well, anyway, I loved listening to him then, still do. So glad he's back. Church was just good.
All Saints--A little sad, we've had some tough losses this year and even longer ago than that and thinking of them brings a little joy and a little sadness.
Afternoon--Okay. My mom came and got my dad and then had lunch and went home in the afternoon. My dad and my father-in-law had a bit of a misunderstanding and well...all is fine now, but I think my dad had to go home and get over it a little bit. My dad is here so long during harvest that it can get a bit hairy to have that much family.
Later Afternoon--Great and a little sad. I know you will all find this ridiculous, but I had to finish cleaning out my Toyota with the last remains of my office at church. Yes, that means that my vehicle has been a storage unit for a month, there just hadn't been time and since I have some lifting limits (sometimes pregnancy really cramps your style) it hadn't been done. Since it was so beautiful out today, I could work on it and carry stuff in small bundles and put it in the rubbermaids that I had reserved for this in the grainery. I feel a great sense of accomplishment, but a tinge of sadness to watch this huge part of my life go into storage. I went through a lot of memories, good and bad. Now, ask me if I miss church work. I really am loving this time off. I don't know how long it will last, but for now...Great. I was worried and now I don't know why, it's crazy. My life is still full and vibrant, just in a very different way. I wonder how I was doing everything as long as I did.
Evening--Awful. Dustin and I got in a fight. All was fine by the end of the evening. I just hate it when that happens. It was my fault, I can say that for sure, I was an ass. I knew I was and as I went to apologize he was still mad and yelled and well...much crying from me ensued. There was a lot of apologizing on both sides, but all was good by bed.
This morning--finally. I have had a headache since Friday afternoon. This morning, while still a little bit there, it mostly has gone away. If it continued and maybe if it comes back today i will call my doctor and find our what else besides 1 Tylenol I can do for it.
Other good news. Doc put me on Zantac for the heartburn, such a lifesaver! This man is my new hero. He said it will likely only get worse. If this stops taking care of it, we'll put me on something stronger, but right now this has the best safety use rating for pregnancy, so we'll start here. Right now my OB is on my list of favorite people.
More on the new baby later.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

wow! Emotion filled day. I have mixed feelings on the daylight saving time thing too, but I didn't quite have the day you had.

I'm glad you cleaned out the Toyota. That's a good step in moving forward, while still sad. I still have things from my LS days - why I have work related things, I don't know but I still do. I need to do a massive purge. It's therapeutic.

Hope your heartburn gets better. Yay for drugs! :)