Sunday, January 18, 2009

27 weeks

I met my friend Reyna in Fargo yesterday and we went baby shopping. It was so much fun. A big thanks to Reyna for making it soooo much fun and helping me pick stuff out. It was so fun to have a girlfriend with to look at stuff.
I bought the travel system/infant car seat I wanted. So now I have a carseat and a stroller. I found a better bedding set than the one i picked out on line and so I bought it. Reyna then bought the cow nightlight and the matching lightswitch cover. Thank you Reyna. I can't wait until Dustin gets home to show him. We also found two great stuffed animals, a cow and a horse, so we each bought one of them. they will be adorable with the nursery set. The set was even on sale, so even better. We also found another store that had the original set I thought I wanted. It was great online, but seeing it live, it was absolutely hideous, I hated it. So, I feel really good about the one I bought.
I picked up a great diaper bag. It is really fun and I won't get sick of it. It is red lined. And had an ivory outside with black, read, aqua polka dots. It is great. I love it. Totally me. Totally washable/ wipe offable (yes, I know that is not a word).
I had baby coupons for a bottle and a two pack of pacifiers. the coupon expires in February, so I picked up those too. I love the baby coupons.
After all the baby shopping, we went to Menard's. I picked up the door for our new bedroom. We'll hopefully get to drywall this week, and we will need to put the door in as part of the process of framing. We picked it out last time we were in Fargo and I bought it today.
All in all, it was a pretty great day.
This morning, I was awaken by the puppy. She had to go out, she was not happy when she came in and went back in her kennel, but it was 4:45 in the morning. Forget staying up and forget me playing with you, I'm going back to bed. Eventually, I got up and got ready for church.
Now, I am home and relaxing a bit. Dustin will be done at 2:00, but I don't know when he will be home and where I will have to get him from. We'll see.
I took a little nap when I got home and now just want to get the kitchen and living room picked up a bit. Maybe a load of laundry.
I like Sunday's to myself once in awhile. It was nice to have a weekend, just for me. YAY ME!
Did anyone happen to notice my ticker at the top. In less than 100 days, I will be a mom. How did that happen? I know I have been getting ready for it, but now it feels like I should really be getting ready. Crazy.

2 comments:

Carol Amie said...

now, don't shoot me for being the honest friend here...but really? You should kiss that puppy and give her extra treats. She's only trying to break you in gently. ;) Our days start about 4:45 around here. And that's after wakings at 9p, 11:30p and 2a. And *that's* nearly 7 months in.

Oh, and suspect there are laws against putting a baby in a kennel ;)

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

I realize you are being honest, but I figure I am entitled to as much sleep as possible before the baby comes and the puppy is making that difficult.
I will get over it.