Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!
I am happily doing nothing of importance today. Dustin and I are watching the Rose Parade and the dogs are sleeping.
We had a very stinky New Year visitor. I woke up at 5:50 this morning, Molly the dog did as well, to a smell. We looked out the window and there was a skunk. A skunk was skulking around my house. It hadn't sprayed, but they have a lingering smell anyway.
Dustin and I go Molly shut up before she scared it and made it spray. The puppy woke up in the bathroom and wanted to go out, which she couldn't. I got her to pee on a puppy pad, but she wanted to go outside. So...We waited it out and then I took both dogs out on leashes, as to not let them get away. Molly wanted to find the skunk...No, I don't think so.
I hope the stinky skunk is not a foretaste of the feast to come in 2009.
Dustin didn't dare shoot it so close to the house because if he missed we'd smell it the whole winter.
Last night we went out for prime rib dinner at the bar in Ypsi. It was soooooo good. I was so hungry, I ate my prime rib and my baked potato and Dustin's baked potato too. I figured it was one for me and one for the baby. (he doesn't eat potatoes anyway, so I might as well enjoy it.) The vegetable was brussel sprouts. I ate one, but traded them for the potato. It was a very yummy meal. I really haven't eaten like that during pregnancy. I have eaten mostly fruit and veg, chicken, some beef. But last night, I was all about big slab of red meat and starch.
Both our vehicles are out of commission. The fuel filters in dustin's pickup apparently have decided that even though we have been running winter fuel through them for months, now they are going to gel.
The Toyota, the blower went out, so no heat. both of these happened yesterday. Tomorrow I will start getting vehicles fixed.
Today, I will continue to enjoy my relaxing day. Happy New Year.

No comments: