Sunday, January 25, 2009

28 Weeks! And lots of remodeling

I am sorry to be missing. The internet hasn't been working. Sadly, I can't blame anyone but myself. I accidentally reconnected the wireless router wrong when I was moving some stuff and well. I am the reason that the internet was down. Finally looked at things this afternoon and went, hmmmm, I'm the idiot who did this, can't even blame Dustin or the dogs.
I think I will be taking a nap shortly. I am sleepy.
We are in the process of remodeling the attic. We have finally gotten a good start. All the insulation is down. We cleaned up that mess. Last night Eric came out and helped Dustin with electrical boxes and stuff. I simply watched Clarissa and told them where to put some of the outlets.
We are getting there.
We are hoping to get new windows in on the south side. It is supposed to be above zero on Tuesday, so that would be the day to get started.
We need ductwork done and now that a lot of the electrical wiring has gone in, we are going to be ready to put the new insulation in.
This is all a lot of work, but it's going faster than I thought it would.
Today, after church, Dustin had to go to work at the ambulance, so the attic is on hold for the day and I am taking it easy.
I also hope to get some work done on our taxes. It would be nice to wave a wand and have it done, but I don't. It will get there...eventually. Our appointment is quickly approaching, so I need to work on it. I also need to get a jump on 2009. It is not going to be as awful in 2009 as it was in 2008. I refuse to live that way again. It's too stressful. I would like to have a handle on a system by the time the baby gets here, that way it will be easier to catch up when I get behind.
I didn't want anyone to worry, so there's the big update.
Exciting news.
The baby is kicking hard enough now that Dustin can feel it. It's pretty cool and I think it has made it a little more real for him too. Wow, there's someone in there.
Off for my nap.

No comments: