Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Morning! Not so bad!

I was up at 7:15 a.m. this morning, let out the puppy, let the puppy play for a bit and now she is back in her kennel for a bit. I need a shower and she can't be left unsupervised while I'm in the shower.
Before that, I need to wait for the car dealer to call on parts for our F250. They were ordering a new wheel bearing and it's been almost a week since then and they haven't called. We really need the truck and with the wheel the way it is, we are not driving it.
My Toyota is still at the dealer and we're trying to decide what to do about it yet. The bodyshop is saying they are not responsible and there is nothing we can do about it. They said, they put in the right stuff and that we probably had a leak and added water. Since I don't even know where the radiator cap is to add water, I'm sure that is very unlikely. I traced the service records and any place that worked on it, never checked the radiator, so it has to be a mistake on their part. I can't prove it...so...we are SOL on that and have to pay for it ourselves. If it is in the $1100 range, I won't be really upset, I can deal. If it is in the $5500 range, (we won't know until they take the engine apart) I will be torn. It's a 1995. I owe just a little more than that on it. Is it worth that much? nope. We'll see.
We have had more trouble with vehicles this year. So, currently, we are driving Harriet's Cadillac. Dustin has it at work. I don't think, other than church and my in-laws, I have been anywhere in over week. I am going completely stircrazy. Dustin has needed the car to get to town and he never knows how long it will be.
I am missing my independence...A LOT!
It is not so bad this morning because...The sun is coming out. I'm warm. I may go to Fargo if we can get the truck today or tomorrow and...last night...I got all my reading done for my EMT-I Class, so I am ahead of the game for Tuesday. We will go to Fargo on Thursday, my mom and dad are there for a dr. appointment, so we'll meet them for lunch.
I also feel good because I started my list. I keep a list and if I get anything on the list done this early, it's a good day. I think I may polish off a few more of the phonecalls on the list before my shower...
Today feels like it could be a good day.
Optimism...it may be my downfall.

1 comment:

Carol Amie said...

this made me laugh. I'm not sure why, but it did.

Oh, and as for the lists: I've given up on a to-do list and started keeping a list of the things I get done. Yeah, it may only have one thing on it by the evening, but it has *nothing* on it that is undone...Those undone things are particularly nasty...glaring at me and reminding me of my lack of productivity or otherwise undermining my small sense of accomplishment. So we don't have any undone things in my house.

Now, I'm off to write "ate lunch" on my list :)