Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ian is 1 month old and It's Mother's Day (Did I mention, Dustin forgot)

I am having a hard time today. Dustin forgot my first Mother's Day. I'm getting better, but I am still heart broken. I have been talking about how this was going to be my first Mother's Day for weeks. I had him look at the cards for our own moms. I talked about his first Father's day coming.
He forgot.
He worked over night last night and got to sleep all night. Of that I am extremely jealous. He may have gotten a get out of jail free card if he had been running calls all night.
He got home. Nothing said. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Handed him Ian to feed and went to take my shower. I got back upstairs. I assumed that he would change and get Ian ready for church while I was in the shower. I was wrong, so I had to get both Ian and I ready for church. As I was getting Ian dressed, I just broke down. He asked me what was wrong, to which I responed. "Do not tell me you forgot what day it was?"
By then, it was too late and no way of fixing it. He wanted to, but I didn't want a gift, I just wanted a "Happy Mother's Day." To be remembered. I was forgotten. He would have gone anywhere for dinner, done anything. But then, it would have been him trying to make up for forgetting Mother's Day. It can't.
I'm hurt...I've forgiven him. I've tried to stop punishing him with snide comments... But really. I'm heartbroken and it will take me a long time to get past it. And really. It is one of those things I will never forget. Because I feel like I was completely forgotten.
It's my first Mother's Day. Everyone remembered, except the person I needed to remember most.
On the brighter side of the day. Because really, I needed a bright side.
Ian is one month old today. I will post the picture as soon as I get it. Everyone needs to see my adorable boy.

No comments: