Friday, May 1, 2009

Week Three!


Today Ian is 3 weeks old! I can't believe it. Our little guy has changed so much already.
The top picture is the day we brought Ian home. He was 3 days old on Easter Sunday.
The bottom picture is Ian's 3 week picture. He's bigger and his eyes are brighter. The outfit he's wearing in the first picture is starting to fit him better.
Today, I opened a savings account for Ian. We have gotten several cash gifts, so I put those in the bank for him today. It was quite fun. Mostly because our friend Sue works at the bank and set the account up for him, so we had a great visit.

The last three weeks have been filled with so many firsts and I have learned so much in the last weeks. It's ab
  1. I can do a lot on very little sleep.
  2. I can feed Ian in the middle of the night or change a diaper and go back to bed and fall to sleep in seconds.
  3. Ian fascinates me and gives me incredible joy every day and I can't believe that one little person can fill me with such wonder and thankfulness.
  4. I have a renewed sense of faith in the God of life who created adn redeemed me.


I knew everything would change when Ian was born. It has and that wasn't a surprise. I just didn't think it was possible to be so happy about just watching a baby sleep. I didn't realize that I would be okay with my life being completely turned upside down. I don't get anything done any more, but what I do in a day is complete joy.

I cant' even begin to imagine what the next three weeks will bring. What will three years look like? I have no idea and I truthfully don't want to think about it, I just want to enjoy the here and now. It's to amazing not to enjoy.

Ian, I love you. You are absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see how much you change and grow.

2 comments:

Carol Amie said...

Three years will look like... tomorrow. Seriously, don't blink. It all goes so fast! Welcome to the club by the way, I can still watch "the baby channel" all day long and consider it a full day.

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

Thank goodness. I thought I might be crazy with my "baby channel" watching. He just fascinates me. Well, I better get him dressed adn get the big kid roused for church. He told me he would be up in a minute at about 7:00. Um. yeah. If you mean "up" by still in bed sleeping, you did it.
He'd get Ian if he woke up,so I consider it good enough. I got a shower this morning. I got to put on makeup! I did my hair. I have nice clothes on. I have a load of laundry in the wash and I made spinach dip for a party this afternoon. That 5:30 a.m. feeding does me wonders.
Later