Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Going down in flames! Literally.

The day has not gone well. Last night I was up working on "the books." I was up early to bring some stuff to town for Dustin. Our pickup was having an oil change. Dustin took my 4Runner and I was going to drive my Grand Prix for the day. The grand prix is my old car that I was going to sell. It hadn't been run for about a week, but the weather had been warm, I figured I'd have to let it warm up awhile, but it would run.
Instead...It warmed up...A lot.
I turned the key to start it. A loud backfire noise came from under the hood. I didn't think anything of it, just thought it was really cold and not going to run. I tried again, nothing happened. I came in the house to call Dustin and tell him I couldn't get the car started. I came in, as I was calling him, I looked out the window and saw smoke coming from under the hood.
By the time the rural fire department got here I had wasted two fire extinguishers (they did nothing) and...well, the entire front of the car was destroyed, engulfed in flames. I'm serious! My car started on fire and the entire front is a melted mess.
I must extend my thanks to the rural fire department who put the fire out.
We have no idea what caused the fire. It was likely electrical from the battery.
Did I mention that this is how the day STARTED!
It could only get better from there, but my day was tarnished. I went to town for lunch with Dustin and the ambulance crew. I stayed in town and studied with my classmate L. I studied for my quiz...went to class...failed my quiz. (not good)
I now am up late again tonight...Trying to figure out everything for tomorrow. (I have a crazy full day.)
Dustin is in town for the night, so just me and the puppies.
Tomorrow will be a better day. It has to be.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Sucky! Not a good way to start out Lent.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.