Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm sick, I'm tired, I got a patient contact!

I have a sinus cold, which is making my head feel like it is full of all sorts of cotton. I'm tired, because the dogs kept waking up and barking at stuff. (for two hours they did this every 20 minutes, just enough time for me to fall asleep again). This morning I got up and came to the ambulance. As part of my EMT class, I am required to ride along with the ambulance and I need to have contact with 5 patients. As of 5 PM tonight, I will have spent 20 hours at the ambulance and I will have had one patient contact. But, this is one more contact than I had before, so I won't complain. I'm trying to get patient assessments down, it's tough, but I will get there. I will be testing for my National Registry Exam in March. So, less than a month away and I will have to be ready.
I have had some much needed time to work on my sermon for Sunday. I should have that finished by the end of the evening. Dustin will stay in town for awhile, he might stay over for clinical contacts for his paramedic. So, I can get the house cleaned up and the laundry put away.
So, that is my day. Have a good one all.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm sorry you have a cold. My friend picked up bronchitis a few weeks ago and she was still suffering earlier this week. I hope you can get over your cold soon! And congrats on the contact!