Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Trauma, Taxes, A Blizzard, and Time to Myself!

So, I haven't posted for awhile. I could not handle doing one more thing recently and tonight I have time, a bit of motivation, and a bit of relaxation.
We are in the midst of a blizzard, so our church and about every church in the state canceled Lenten services. Now, I like Lent, but I wasn't particularly disappointed to cancel tonight. You see, I have been under quite a bit of stress and wondering how I was going to get my Lent stuff done. I didn't have the bulletin done or a sermon written. Now, this would not have been a huge deal, except...we had out tax appointment today! (Someone remind me next year to remind them that I can't go to these things on Wednesdays, Wednesday's in Lent are particularly bad.
I have been working on getting our tax stuff and farm accounting done for the last week like a made woman. The last week, I am sure I have worked on the books for about 20 hours. Now, in addition to a full-time job, this has been daunting.
I also had a Trauma exam in my EMT class. By the way, I got an 88%. This is a very good grade for this particular exam. I am feeling quite proud of myself. I studied my butt off on Monday.
Monday I did ride-alongs at the ambulance. (For my EMT-B I need 5 patient contacts) Unfortunately I sat there 10 hours and there wasn't one call. (Blast!)
With all this going on, I have been feeling very overwhelmed, very emotional and very tired.
When church was called off tonight it was the first time I could breath in weeks.
We didn't have worship tonight, but I was given the gift of sabbath. Real rest and time to take care of myself. I'll be honest I did a lot of nothing. I talked to friends on the phone, watched TV, read, and spent time being nice to myself. I have been wearing my flannel pants since 2:00 this afternoon. It has been delightful.
So, our tax appointment, that I have been stressed over for the last two weeks, went really well. I have three records I still need and then it should be done. It went great. I had some things a little unorganized, but I had everything I needed except for the three things I mentioned and I can get them all yet this week. Whoohoo. This appointment being done relieved my stress level almost immediately. I still want someone else to keep the books. Ugh.
So, tonight has been pure bliss. I wish Sabbath for everyone. Time to really rest and say, "This is good. I am a child of God and I deserve to be renewed and recharged."
Good night all.

No comments: