Monday, June 16, 2008

A Few Days Away!

I am in a hotel tonight. I am at continuing education. After my class ended at 5:00, I went with some of my fellow educationers (yes, I know that is not a word) out for dinner. We went to an absolutely fabulous Thai restaurant in Moorhead. I had straight up Pad Thai noodle. There were other things on the menu, but pad thai is one of my favorites and I have a feeling we might end up going back, I'll get adventurous then. The four of us then ordered two deserts. Sticky rice with Mango and fried bananas with coconut ice cream.
Now, I realize that writing about my dinner is not very exciting, but you must understand how exciting this was for me. For actually all of us.
The four of us who went out this evening serve rural congregations. We live in small towns. We don't get ethnic food, unless you count knephla or lefse. So, I think the four of us will be trying to fit everything we possibly can in on the evenings we are out.
Another thing, my husband is not always adventuresome in his cuisine choices. I believe he would have tried Thai food with me, but I also believe he would be completely content to not try it. When we come to Fargo, for instance, there are plenty of restaurants that we both like and that are different than what we get at home, so we go there. That's fair. So this week, I am taking advantage of a culinary adventure and I will cherish it.
I am at the hotel right now, it's early and I could got out, but it's kind of nice to be in. I have been so tired lately that I feel like just vegging. I'm staying with a friend Wednesday night, so tonight and tomorrow at the hotel. It's kind of relaxing.
Good night. I'm going to enjoy my night. I feel like I'm on vacation, but really. IT'S WORK!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Happy work vacation! I ate fish two nights in a row on my vacation, which is totally unlike me but I wanted to dry something other than my standard chicken that I usually eat. Enjoy the exoticness that you can!