Saturday, June 14, 2008

I walked 12 miles!

Today was the walk for Abby's team. She is a young woman originally from the town I serve. She is 34 and this year was diagnosed with breast cancer. The walk was to help raise money and we walked from Litchville to Marion, which is about 12 miles...It's also 17 activity points on WW.
My legs hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts...I'm not sure how I will get out of bed tomorrow, but I am going to bed.
I feel very proud of my accomplishment of walking that far...I also know that it was for something great. There were 81 walkers and I can't wait to find out how much money. I know that it must be a minimum of 12000. Based on matching funds and the minimum amount that each person was asked to raise.
I also realize that I would have had an easier time if I was lighter. It was a wake up call. There are so many things that I could do better or not struggle with if I could become a healthier weight. Currently at my physicals I am testing healthy. I want to keep it that way.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Awesome job at walking for a great cause! My friend Pam just signed up for the Komen 3-day. I could never walk that much. Run? Maybe. Walk...nada. I get shin splints so I totally support anyone who can do it. Great job girl!