Saturday, June 7, 2008

Run! Run! Run! Run! Run! After you hit the deer!

Last night I hit a deer with my wonderful 4Runner. I love my vehicle...I did not love the deer that I killed. It ruined my grill and front bumper and headlight. It was still drivable, so that was good. I am now driving the canary (that's our 75 Ford pickup in pastel yellow).
Today has been nonstop running. I have other stuff I should do tonight, but I don't feel like running around any more today. I went to the nursing home today with the VBS kids so they could perform part of their program for the residents. That went well.
Dustin called right after I left and said R was going to seed our CRP this afternoon, could I go check it out when he called. Dustin called again on my way home, he has a jug of chemical spill in the back of his pickup. After I get back from the vbs program, I drive the canary to town to meet Dustin for lunch. Lunch was pretty good, except they forgot the avacado on my salad. Dustin thinks I am the only person who would notice that, but since avacado was one of the key ingredients in the salad, of course I noticed it and missed it. R called after lunch, I went home, changed clothes and went and checked on R. I then went to my MIL's and we went and got spray and also brought the maps for the custom spraying we are having done.
I went back and checked on R again. Then I came home and cleaned the chemical out of the back of Dustin's pickup, which was sticky, gross, and took to long. That's now done too.
I really should go outside and either mow the lawn, plant tomatoes or finish my tomato juice that I am in the process of making from frozen tomatos from last summer, but I haven't gotten that far and I'm exhausted.
Oh well, maybe motivation will hit soon. I doubt it.

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

OMG! Are you okay? Stupid deer. Stupid, pretty, yummy deer. Hopefully your 4-runner will be fixed soon. I'd hate to see you in a canary...do you have to sing when you drive that one?

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

I'm fine. Vehicle is still drivable, I just can't drive at night. I love the canary, but I don't have to sing in it, but I usually do because the am radio does not always get the best reception.