Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bed Rest! Really? Ugh!

So, my OB appointment didn't go according to plan on Friday.
My appointment was at 9:AM and Dustin had to work, but would meet me if he could. I called on my way into town. He had just gotten to the ED (emergency department) and was doing a report when I called, so I said, no problem. Most of the time. I wait for 30-45 minutes to see the doctor for 5 minutes. I get weighed, measured. blah, blah. blah.
Things did not happen this way, this time. go figure.
My blood pressure was up a bit the week before, but the urine tested clean for protein, so they just watched it.
This time. My blood pressure was up again. A bit higher and the urine test showed protein...So, I am borderline for preeclampsia. So, plans changed. I had blood draws. I was then sent to the hospital labor and delivery ward for a nonstress test and given instruction to get my feet up and relax.
So, stresstest went great. I sang at a wedding on Saturday. My bp was up a bit after that and that made Sunday morning tough.
since I have been relaxing on the couch and not doing too much, my bp has stayed really good. So, tomorrow we'll find out how it is going.
Until then. You will get knitting and TV updates.

No comments: