Monday, March 12, 2012

An Addition to the family...NO! Not That.

It was a great weekend. I'm glad because since it was mostly just me and the kiddos, I was worried if I was going to be that entertaining. But, thanks to mother nature, I didn't have to be. Saturday was in the 60's! So, we were outside most of the afternoon and they still cried when it was time to go in for the day. It was amazing. Yesterday was sunny, but the wind made it a bit colder and not very plesant for taking the kids outside, but I still had a second day of all the windows open.

Now for the addition. After Dustin got back from paramedic refresher last night. We went and looked at a horse and brought him home for a trial. He's awesome. I had to go out to get him fed and such this morning and was nervous since my house experience is...NONE! But, I came in the barn and he ran right up to me. What a sweetheart.  Kids haven't met him yet. Better be sure he's going to work out before we tell them. So, there's the news from the weekend.

This week the plans are:
1)To make a new master farm list so we get a clear  picture of what needs to be done and prioritize it.
2) Take a load of stuff to good will. I have three bags ready to go.
3) Farm loan stuff.
4) Farm bill stuff.
5) make some meal plans for the next couple weeks. It seems to go better if I plan meals out instead of this panic at 11:30 thing.
6) Laundry, because it isn't a day without that on the list.

Oh, in completely unrelated to any of this news. Down another 1.4 pounds this week. I've now lost over 20 lbs, which is amazing to me. There's a long way to go, but 20 pounds, that's a great start.

No comments: