Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ella's growing up...and the clean house did freak out the kids!

I was right yesterday. Cleaning the house made the kids a bit nervous, especially looking for things they had left in the middle of the living room. But, not to fear, they have returned quite a bit of it with a vengence to get back at me and Ella made a huge mess in my kitchen.
My little sprite Ella turned 18 months yesterday. I'm not sure how this happened so quickly. It seems like yesterday when I was staring in one of the easiest textbook births with epidural in the supporting category.  And after Ian, I deserved it! 
When Ian was 18 months, I was already pregnant with Ella. I'm a bit relieved that as I type this, there is not another Lien on the way. I can handle two close together, but three seems like a stretch...Besides, they outnumber me already, I don't think I could keep up.
Yesterday for Ella's 18 months. She went to grandma's for the piano tuning and after we walked home. For over an hour. Ian, Ella and I first went to look at the calves in the pen. Which was a huge thrill for them, they are willing to come pretty close and that makes it all the better. Then we went to the shop to visit Daddy, where we proceeded to get dirty in less than 30 seconds, because they had to go to the only spot in teh shop where they could get grimy. After that, we walked to the house and got a slep and took a ride (I didn't I was the horse, of course). Then we made a snowman. Ella lost her shoe and got really cold and wet. I didn't really think we were going on an outside adventure when this all started, so they didn't have their snowsuits on. When it was time to go in, Ella was ready and as usual, Ian kicked and screamed for an hour, even after we came back in...But, it all was pretty fun except for that part.
Today, the adventure continues with a trip to the ND Winter Show and the winter show tractor pull. The whole family is going, which means, I'll entertain Ella, while daddy and ian enjoy loud tractors pulling heavy stuff.
More updates on the tractor pull tomorrow.  Ian's so excited, I'm sure this could be priceless. I also said he could have cotton candy, so we'll see.

No comments: