Thursday, March 29, 2012

A night out and an interesting opportunity.

It's Ella's naptime and since I've got an Octonauts on for Ian, I am invisible and thought I'd use the opportunity to share my excitement.
Tonight Dustin and I are going to a dinner meeting, I know, not exactly date material, but I'm still excited. This get together (rather informal rather than meeting) is part of an agricultural organization that Dustin and I have belonged to, but not been extremely active in, until recently.  The organization has started up a smaller group for young farmers and when Dustin learned about it, he volunteered, thinking I'd be perfect. Of coure, they wanted both of us, so he was voluteered as well. Tonight is our first get together.
I truthfully not sure what to expect yet, but I am excited about what the group supports, and this dinner specifically because I see it as an opportunity to meet some young farm couples.
I've recently started having coffee, about once a week or so, with another SAHM that lives about 3 miles away. It's been so nice and I think both of us like the interaction and get cramped being at home all day. All these things coming together have made me very excited.
I love my friends, but it's hard to get together as often as any of us would like and some from college are really far away...So, to find some right in my back yard has given me a new vitality and meeting some couples just seems cool. Currently, we have one couple the same age as us that we hang out with often, and it's been a long time because our schedules don't mesh often. So, adding to the pool is nice and since this is part of the organization...well, our get togethers will be scheduled with some regularity. It's a chance to socialize, but it also has a positive purpose, which I absolutely love!  So, while the kids are with our neice tonight...I'll be starting another subsection of life and I'm excited.

No comments: