Saturday, July 19, 2008

Charles E. Cheddar and Why I hate Vegas

We just got back from Chuck E. Cheese with the kids. The kids refuse to eat the food there (I can't blame them) So, we went to play in air conditioned comfort and then take the kids through the Burger King Drive through. Mark and Carol were nice enough on the way to the drive through to drop me off at Chipotle and I went and got my dinner to go and then they picked me up. I just finished my steak burrito and boy was it fabulous.
Carol and Mark are wrestling the kids down for a nap then she and I will retire to the basement to finish some of my cropping so I can start packing.
Anyway. Chuck E. Cheese. I know kids love it, but it is totally sensory overload and I get absolutely dazed and exhausted, add running after children and it is a miracle that any parent comes out alive. I feel the same way about Las Vegas. I like the concept, but all the lights and constant movement and noise is way too much for me. I've gone and since I am not a gambler, I don't feel the need to go again. I would, but I wouldn't go on purpose.
So, I hate both places, but the first I will at least tolerate for the kids. Vegas, well, not so much.
Less than 24 hours and I go home.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Mmm Chipotle.

I miss Chipotle. :(

And I'm totally with you on both Vegas and C.E.C. I haven't been to Vegas but I have no desire to go. I'm not a fan of crowded places and in my old age, ahem, I'm really less enthused with the glamor and excitement of that town.