Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend is over! Ladies start your engines!

It was a nice, but hectic weekend. We thought we would run around, but ended up deciding that being home was best. I worked in the garden, Dustin and his dad did some haying, we ate great meals prepared by either me or my MIL Harriet and relaxed.


Today I had to move my hair appointment until tomorrow, thank goodness there was an opening. We had a family funeral to go to and I forgot about my hair appointment. It wouldn't be a big deal any other week, but I want a fresh cut and color before I go to see the wonderful Carol Aimee (whoopie!).


So tomorrow I run to church, run to town for my hair appointment and then run back to church for a meeting. This is going to add an additional 80 miles of driving to my day, but it can't be helped as far as I can see.


I have to get worship things ready for my time away and then I have to work on some hymnal things in the evening. It will all go, but it takes some work, that is for sure.



I have to be packed by Thursday for the most part because I am helping dustin with fair pictures on Thursday and they have to be printed adn ready to go by the time I leave on Friday. I have a 7:AM flight. I have to make my list tonight so I can conqueor things one at a time so I don't get overwhelmed.



Dustin is making watermelon rind pickels right now. He's got them in the jars and just needs to hot water bath them.



I have laundry to get done for this trip, although I know I can do some at Carol's and will have to so I don't have to pack so much.



it will be nice to have a hair appointment, I'll get to just sit for a couple hours.



Goodnight all,

Must gor for now.

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

I LOVE WATERMELON PICKLES! I'd totally buy some from you if you have extras. I haven't had those since I was a little girl. My mom stopped canning when I was about 10. I miss them.

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

You got yourself a deal