Thursday, July 10, 2008

Go! Go! Go! I leave tomorrow!

The dogs woke me at 5:30 this morning and after letting them out, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I stayed up. I'm a bit drowsy, but thought it best to attack some of my list for the day.
I leave tomorrow at 7:AM, airport earlier, for my trip to DC. I'm so excited to see Carol and the kids. Mark too, I guess, sorry, you really are 5th in line after Carol and the kids.
There are things that have to be done today.
4-H pictures are a t 4:00. Dustin has been taking these pictures for years and it's about $300 we get paid. Dustin poses the kids with their 4-H animals (mostly steers), we take the picture and then print it in a document of thanks for the person who buys the animal at the premium auction. The business that does the premium auction gets the picture in a frame. I don't know how it all works, I never had animals while I was in 4-H. Dustin was even his county's "alumni of the year." I had to find a way to secretly get him to the awards ceremony, because he didn't know why we had to go. Luckily, Dustin's family sponsors a 4-H award called the "herdsman." so, I said it had to do with that. Sucker.
Anway. In addition to getting the pictures printed this evening, I have to pack the toys for the kids, pack my clothes, do some laundry (so I can pack my clothes!), email some last worship stuff, and get a bunch of other stuff together.
So, this 6:00 in the morning thing is quite relaxing right now and apparently necessary.
I will try to write while I'm gone and include pics of the kids, but i don't know if i'll have time.
I'll try.

No comments: