Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Check in

I really don't have anything exciting to report.
Sunday was the service in the park and it went really well and it was lots of fun.
My mom and dad came for it and stayed until today. it was a great day and we had a really good visit. Mom helped me with beet pickles yesterday and we also worked on my garden. It was fun and we got a lot done.
We are now eating peas and beans from the garden. The zucchini is just a day or two away from being the right size to use. I like them when they are small and a good size for stir fry and they are still tender. The cucumbers are looking terrible, they just aren't growing. My tomatoes are absolutely beautiful and while they haven't turned yet, they do look like they are going to be wonderful. The roma tomatoes are going to be really nice and my early girls are going to turn fairly soon, I believe.
The corn is tasseling, but it will be a bit of time yet.
I am happy with my garden this year.
It's such a great time of year.

No comments: