Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Snow! It snowed last night! It looks more like Christmas outside than Holy Week. I decided to stay home for awhile before I went to work because it would get to be such a long night. I have to run and get some candles for tonight's service than I'll go to town church and pick up stuff and take supplies to country church. We have service tonight at country church.
Go over the service and it should go from there
I like Good Friday because my dad liked it so much. I think I like it for different reasons. I don't know his reasons exactly, he's not one to answer those questions, even if I asked, but I can guess. I like Good Friday because it is such a stark contrast with Easter. It's dark, death, cold. I think of the tomb, damp earth when I do burials. (Yes I know Jesus was not buried in a coffin in black sod) But death is death...then...it's not on Easter morning. There is nothing crazier than that and to know that it for love of the whole world. I wish everyone who came on Easter Sunday came on Good Friday. I think it is then that you really get it. I love it when people get it.

No comments: