Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday

The Wednesday of Holy Week, it is kind of like the calm before the storm. I always wish it would just stay on Wednesday, I have this day that I can get stuff done and it feels unpressured because Sunday is still a ways off, even though I will have two worship serviced before Sunday.
I get to make communion bread with my two first communion students, they are two 5th grade boys and they are a riot. Fun times.
I love making communion bread with the kids, they have so much fun and they are so proud that we feed it to the entire church. It's the recipe from the Luther Seminary Communion Bread Recipe. It brings back good memories for me. I didn't like all of seminary, but communion on Wednesdays during chapel will always be good, even then things around me seemed awful. I should write more about seminary some day. I liked lots of it, but some things and and attitudes were downright horrible and I'm glad I got out when I did.
I made sloppy joes for class last night and they turned out wonderful. (I know you are thinking, "They were sloppy joes, how can you screw them up?) I had never made them using a crock pot before, so I didn't know about times and stuff. I have to say, I liked them better because the flavors really got slow cooked together. The green peppers really had time to work through. We are having the leftovers for dinner, Dustin is not thrilled. He doesn't really like sloppy joes, so he has been trying to talk me into pasta all morning. Umm, why? when I've got a completely acceptable meal in the fridge, ready to be warmed up. I have held my ground, much to Dustin's dismay, he's use to getting his way for dinner, so I'm feeling rather proud for saying, no you will eat what I fix.
I better get the communion class stuff together before dinner.
Have a good day every.

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

We should talk about sem some time. I hope I wasn't evil to you ever. I always liked you. I still do. Sem wasn't my favorite time either. I've talked a little on my blog but not a lot. Hmmm... I did listen to the academic dean preach today via a podcast. I do miss chapel time. I wish I could get the streaming to work at work so I could take my morning break and watch. And I really miss the communion bread. Yum!

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

You weren't ever evil to me. I always thought we got along. You did buy me desert once at Cafe Latte. (I don't remember why, but a bunch of us were celebrating something.)
Anyway, I liked sem, I made some great friends, but there were some things that still bother me.
I miss chapel too. I get the bread once a year with the communion kids, so that's fun.
Have a great day.